Australia: the healthiest country by 2020
National Preventative Health Strategy - Overview
The Taskforce has identified seven critical strategic directions to be developed and implemented consistently and collectively for the National Preventative Health Strategy to be effective.
- Shared responsibility – developing strategic partnerships
- Act early and throughout life
- Engage communities
- Influence markets and develop connected and coherent policies
- Reduce inequity through targeting disadvantage
- Indigenous Australians – contribute to ‘Close the Gap'
- Refocus primary healthcare towards prevention